- 4603.6.5.1 Group R-1 hotel and motel manual fire alarm system.
- 1. Buildings less than two stories in height where all sleeping units, attics and crawl spaces are separated by 1-hour fire-resistance-rated construction and each sleeping unit has direct access to a public way, egress court or yard.
- 2. Manual fire alarm boxes are not required throughout the building when the following conditions are met:
- 2.2. The notification appliances will activate upon sprinkler water flow; and
- 2.3. At least one manual fire alarm box is installed at an approved location.